Friday, February 15, 2008

Don't Point its Rude.

Except Pointing is one of the things that separates us from the Apes. Pointing brings attention to a third party or object. Its part of communication. Its part of teaching and learning. I've really been thinking about the idea of learning lately, and it was fascinating to find out that one of the things that helps us through the human experience is pointing. Through the simple act of pointing we share ideas. Then we build upon the ideas of those before us.

I'm also pondering the idea of cyclical subjects. Fashion is cyclical - like the reemergence of vintage aprons. I wonder if it has something to do with Grandmothers and paying homage to a grandmother? Something from a picture and then recreated or something stolen from your mother. Because their own mother didn't wear an apron. Grandma's made cookies from scratch and mom's came from a tube. I hate making cookies. lol. I don't mind making the batter, but cooking them...grrrrrr. I like set it and forget it, not babysit for 8-12 minutes. Then do it again.

Also a little shout out to Rocky Mountain Institute for their tag line, "Abundance by Design."

No comments: